1) Introduce yourself: What is your name & age, and what is your role with The Chargers?
Hi my name is Mathew Hall I am 40 years old and I’m a player for the Surrey Chargers.
2) How did you first get involved with The Chargers? What encouraged you to join the club?
I joined Surrey Chargers when Chobham rugby club offered taster sessions a few years ago.
3) What do you enjoy most about The Chargers, and what are you most looking forward to learning/ doing/ trying as part of the team?
I enjoy the training sessions and learning more techniques and understanding the game more.
4) What has been your favourite/ best experience of mixed-ability rugby so far?
My best experience is travelling round the UK to play other teams.
5) What differences have you noticed in yourself/ your teammates/ your players/ the person you care for/ the club as a whole, as a result of playing with The Chargers?
My skills have improved. I’m getting better at playing as part of a team. The coaches and team flows much better as we are used to each other now.
6) What would you say to anyone interested in taking part in mixed-ability rugby/ starting their own mixed-ability rugby club?
Definitely do it. It helps all our skills, and I want to be a coach so it’s helped me learn that too.